Landlords have legal obligations to ensure the safety of tenants.
- get a gas safety certificate for every gas appliance they provide
- ensure that any necessary work identified by gas engineers is carried out
- ensure furniture meet fire safety standards
- ensure electrical equipment provided is safe
- ensure that the risk of exposure to tenants, residents and visitors by Legionella is properly assessed and controlled.
- from 1 October 2015, provide smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
Regulations UpdateFind out more